Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Team Building Day




Today was a very good day. We started off the day meeting the Dominican teens and bonding with them. It was really cool hearing all of them speak Spanish and seeing the camp location. After doing arts and crafts, we headed to the lagoons for a refreshing afternoon of swimming. It was really fun jumping into the clear water and having fun with the group. I’m really excited for tomorrow because day camp starts and I can’t wait to meet all of the campers.

Allison Douglas, Alleghany County 




As this is my 2nd day in The Dominican Republic it has been nothing but life changing! I have had so much fun talking and interacting with the Dominican teens and my other new friends from home! I loved the icebreakers we played because it was amazing seeing everyone bond even though we have a slight separation between communication, but I feel that didn’t hold any of us back from being ourselves! I loved Tie Dying shirts because it was amazing getting to help them do something we do so much in our hometown. Trying the food was also different but good because I loved exposing myself to new things! As a group we traveled to the different lagoons and that was awesome to see and experience. It was beautiful, and I had to climb a wall so that was definitely adventurous! I can’t wait for tomorrow and the days to come to see the children’s faces light up because my brother has told me it gives you chills. Overall, my first impressions and experiences have been nothing but positive and I can’t wait because we are just getting started! 

Cheyenne Estep, Shenandoah County 




































No comments:

Post a Comment