Friday, August 2, 2019

Final Reflection - Mrs. Lee Ann Gray


Summer 2019 marked my second 4-H chaperoning experience to the Dominican Republic. In 2016 I attended this trip with my son, and it was such an amazing experience that I promised myself that I would bring my daughter during her Junior summer as well. The second trip was just as wonderful! Both of my children consider this trip to have been a “life-changing” opportunity, and I can say the same for myself as their parent. 


Mrs. Hodges and Mrs. Nansel have created an exceptionally organized and informative week of immersion into the Dominican culture, complete with personal networking and connections, environmental excursions, and educational opportunities. And also so much teen-bonding and fun!!

I literally cannot say enough about this experience. I am so grateful for Mrs. Hodges and Mrs. Nansel for all of their hard work in continuing to offer this opportunity to local teens each year. Thanks also to all the sponsors who contribute to the trip each year. 


Keep up the good work Alleghany and Shenandoah!!

-Lee Ann Gray, Alleghany County
4-H volunteer leader and speech- language pathologist









No comments:

Post a Comment